Xarelto Bleeding Risk
The lawyers at Kelley & Ferraro LLP are currently investigating problems linked the blood thinner Xarelto (Rivaroxaban). Xarelto is an anticoagulant manufactured by Bayer and marketed in the United States by Johnson and Johnson.
Xarelto can significantly increase the risk of internal bleeding related injuries and cause other serious health problems or even death.
Xarelto was approved by the FDA in 2011 to reduce the risk of stroke, deep vein thrombosis (blood clots in the body), and pulmonary embolism (blood clots in the lung). Initially Xarelto was approved by the FDA for use in patients undergoing hip or knee replacement surgery. Later the FDA expanded the approved uses of Xarelto to include treatment in patients with certain types of atrial fibrillation.
General information about Xarelto:
- Xarelto is a blood thinner advertised as an alternative to Coumadin.
- Xarelto does NOT have an antidote that can reverse negative side effects.
- Patients taking Xarelto may be at an increased risk of very serious internal, or excessive bleeding side effects, that may cause hospitalization or even death.
- Xarelto is manufactured by Bayer and marketed in the United States by Johnson and Johnson.
Possible signs or symptoms of injuries caused by Xarelto may include:
- Internal bleeding
- GI bleeding
- Severe external bleeding
- Spinal blood clots
- Brain hemorrhage
- Severe menstrual bleeding
- Coughing or vomiting blood
- Unusually colored urine or stool
- Frequent bleeding or bruising
- Death caused by any of the above
If you or a loved one has experienced adverse side effects possibly caused by Xarelto, please contact the Xarelto litigation attorneys at Kelley & Ferraro LLP to discuss your legal rights.