The lawyers at Kelley & Ferraro LLP are currently investigating problems linked the anti-nausea drug Zofran (ondansetron).
Zofran was approved by the FDA in 1991 and by 2006 had become the 20th most prescribed medication in the United States. Zofran is suspected of causing birth defects in some babies whose mothers took the drug to treat morning sickness. If your doctor prescribed Zofran and your baby was born with a cleft lip, cleft palate, a heart defect or limb defect, you may be entitled to compensation.
General information about Zofran:
- Zofran is manufactured by GlaxoSmithKline
- Zofran is an anti-nausea drug often prescribed off label to treat morning sickness.
- Mothers who have taken Zofran are at an increased risk of having children with birth defects.
Possible injuries caused by Zofran include:
- Cleft palate
- Cleft lip
- Heart defects, including:
- atrial septal defects (ASD)
- ventricular septal defects (VSD)
If you or a loved one has experienced adverse side effects possibly caused by Zofran, please contact the Zofran litigation attorneys at Kelley & Ferraro LLP to discuss your legal rights.
Do not stop taking prescription medication except upon the advice of your doctor.