Ryan J. Cavanaugh
- Partner, 2015
Ryan Cavanaugh joined Kelley & Ferraro as an attorney in 2005. Ryan specializes in litigation and currently works with clients and the families of those afflicted with asbestos-related diseases, specifically mesothelioma. Ryan is experienced in every aspect of handling a case, including obtaining numerous judgments for his clients at trial. In addition to the courtroom success, Ryan has helped negotiate millions of dollars worth of settlements on behalf of his clients.
Ryan’s has a wealth of experience in and out of the courtroom in a variety of areas, including Worker’s Compensation, Personal Injury, Wrongful Death, Medical Malpractice, Products Liability/Toxic Tort, Nursing Home Negligence and Aviation law. Ryan is admitted to practice law in the State of Ohio, the United States District Court for the Northern District of Ohio and United States District Court Eastern District of Louisiana.
Ryan worked as a law clerk at Kelley & Ferraro while studying law at Cleveland-Marshall College of law, where he graduated in 2005. Prior to law school he graduated from John Carroll University with a Bachelor of Arts in 1998. Ryan was named Partner in 2015.
Outside the courtroom, Ryan works for SportsTime Ohio and Time Warner Cable as a football analyst and mixed martial arts commentator.
Year Joined Firm
Areas Of Practice
- Complex Litigation - Toxic Tort
- Mass Tort
- Ohio, 2005
- U.S. District Court Northern District of Ohio, 2007
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of Louisiana
- Cleveland State University, Cleveland-Marshall College of Law, Cleveland, Ohio
- J.D. – 2000
- John Carroll University, Cleveland, Ohio
- B.A. – 1998
- Major: History
- Bishop Foley High School, Madison Heights, Michigan – 1994
- Genet v. Union Carbide Corporation, $ 8,291,000.00
- Confidential Settlement Excess of $ 15,000,000.00
- Mesothelioma Victims
- Insured from Defective Medical Devices
- Insured from Drugs
- Toxic Tort Victims
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Ohio Bar Association, Member, Present
- AAS, Member, Present
Past Employment Positions
- Kelley & Ferraro, Law Clerk