Matthew McMonagle Sworn-In To Common Pleas Court Bench
December 23, 2015.
- (Cleveland) – Matthew A. McMonagle of Fairview Park has been sworn-in as a Judge for the Cuyahoga County Common Pleas Court, General Division.
- McMonagle was sworn-in by his father, retired Cuyahoga County Common Pleas Court Judge Richard McMonagle, as his daughter Emma held the Bible.
- McMonagle was appointed by Governor John R. Kasich to replace Judge Lance T. Mason, who resigned. He will officially take the bench on January 4, 2016, and must run in the November 2016 general election to retain the seat for the full term commencing January 5, 2017.
- McMonagle received his undergraduate degree from the University of Vermont in 1998 and graduated from the Cleveland-Marshall College of Law in 2004. McMonagle is a partner at the firm of Kelley & Ferraro, LLP in Cleveland. He has also served as a magistrate for the Rocky River Municipal Court.
- McMonagle is a member of the Ohio State Bar Association, the Cleveland Metropolitan Bar Association, and the West Shore Bar Association.