Matt McMonagle joined Kelley Ferraro in 2004 and honed his courtroom experience as a trial attorney in civil jury trials throughout the state. McMonagle has managed cases from inception to completion, building a depth of knowledge in all associated processes, from jury selection and examination of witnesses to motion practice and oral arguments.
In December 2015, Matt McMonagle was appointed to the Cuyahoga County Common Pleas Court by Ohio Governor John Kasich. Judge Matt McMonagle assumed the bench of the Common Pleas Court, General Division, on January 4, 2016.
In January 2017, Matt returned as a Partner to Kelley Ferraro. McMonagle's primary practice areas include workers' compensation, product liability, personal injury, and nursing home negligence.
In addition to his work at Kelley Ferraro, Matt has served as a Magistrate for the Rocky River Municipal Court, where he presided over criminal and traffic cases for the communities of Rocky River, Fairview Park, North Olmsted, Bay Village, Westlake and the Cleveland Metroparks.
Matt was graduated from Cleveland-Marshall College of Law, during which time he served as a Project Assistant for Jones Day, gaining experience in the firm's bankruptcy department, as well as Climaco, Lefkowitz, Peca, Wilcox & Garofoli Co., L.P.A., where he gained valuable experience in employment law, real estate law, and criminal law.
Matt McMonagle was selected by Super Lawyers to the Ohio Rising Stars list for six consecutive years, from 2011 to 2016. Each year, no more than 2.5 percent of the lawyers in the state are selected to receive this honor. Matt has also been selected to Super Lawyers in 2021 and 2022. Super Lawyers, a Thomson Reuters business, is a rating service of outstanding lawyers from more than 70 practice areas who have attained a high degree of peer recognition and professional achievement.
Matt currently resides in Fairview Park with his wife and their three children.
Areas Of Practice
- Workers' Compensation
- Asbestos Litigation
- Personal Injury
- Products Liability
- Ohio, 2004
- U.S. District Court Northern District of Ohio, 2011
- Cleveland State University, Cleveland-Marshall College of Law, Cleveland, Ohio, 2004
- University of Vermont, Burlington, Vermont, 1998
- Major: Philosophy
- St. Ignatius High School, 1994
Honors and Awards
- Selected To Rising Stars: 2011 – 2016
- Selected to Super Lawyers 2021 & 2022
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Eighth Judicial District Conference, Life Member
- Ohio State Bar Association, Member, 2004 to Present
- West Shore Bar Association, 2011 to Present
- Irish American Law Society of Cleveland, 2013 to Present
- Cleveland Metropolitan Bar Association, 2014 to Present
Past Employment Positions
- Climaco, Lefkowitz, Peca, Wilcox & Garofoli Co., L.P.A.