Sick Because Of A Defective, Toxic Or Hazardous Product?
State and federal laws provide consumers with remedies for dangerous materials that cause personal injuries. Those injured may have a right to compensation if their injury is a result of exposure to a hazardous or toxic material such as fumes from welding rods.
Where To Turn When You Are Suffering
The attorneys at the Cleveland law offices of Kelley Ferraro, LLC, have represented clients in numerous lawsuits related to hazardous and toxic materials and products, including:
- Contaminated water: Water contamination is a huge problem at airports, military bases, and trail derailment and truck accident sites. Toxin leaks and spills have been polluting water used by people all around the country. This toxic water causes cancer and other serious and fatal illnesses. Companies who contaminate our water must be held responsible.
- Talcum powder: Many women have developed ovarian cancer after using talc, which can contain asbestos.
- Harmful medical products: Poorly designed or defective medical products such as blood clot-preventing filters can cause serious, sometimes fatal, injuries.
- Dangerous drugs: Drugs that are manufactured incorrectly or overprescribed can lead to grave illnesses. Some common drugs also contain cancer-causing substances.
- Roundup weed killer: A number of people are now finding out that the popular household herbicide causes grave illnesses and birth defects.
- Fire suppressant foam: Aqueous film forming foam (AFFF) causes cancers in people who are exposed to its chemicals or drink water that has been tainted by its use.
We have obtained over $1 billion in compensation for our injured clients. We know how to stand up to big companies and their hordes of lawyers.
Welders Are Exposed To Hazardous Toxins
Other lawsuits have been filed on behalf of workers exposed to silica and fumes from welding rods. Some of our clients — workers who handled silica-containing products — have contracted silicosis, an occupational disease caused by exposure to free silica, and a variety of related diseases, including tuberculosis, chronic kidney disease, end-stage renal disease and cancer.
Our trial lawyers have filed lawsuits on behalf of hundreds of workers against more than 70 companies throughout the United States that mined, manufactured, marketed, distributed and installed silica and/or silica-containing products. Also among the defendants in the Cuyahoga County Common Pleas Court case are makers and suppliers of safety equipment that was defective and did not prevent silica-related diseases.
Other Kelley Ferraro clients who were exposed to fumes from welding rods containing manganese have suffered a wide range of neurological problems. Manganese poisoning — manganism — has symptoms similar to Parkinson’s disease. Such symptoms can include:
- Abnormal balance issues
- Memory loss
- Slow and decreased movement
- Lack of facial expressions
- Speech disturbance
- Psychological disturbance
Many times, these symptoms occur before age 50. Individuals in a variety of trades and occupations who worked in, with or near welding rods are at risk for manganese poisoning.
In 2004, Kelley Ferraro attorneys filed suits against manufacturers, suppliers and distributors of welding rods in Cuyahoga County Common Pleas Court in Cleveland, Ohio, on behalf of clients suffering from manganese poisoning due to fumes from welding rods.